Explore our career opportunities.
Become part of a 46 year family business! A career with Cousin is more than a job
and more than a paycheck; it's about making a difference with people you
care about and having a lot of fun along the way. You won't find any half empty glasses in our building,
only half full. If you enjoy learning, growing and reaching your potential
with lots of smiles and laughter then you may just be a great fit.
Join us and become part of something special!
Thank you for your interest in the Cousin Corporation. All positions are currently filled. Please visit our site again for future job postings that may relate to your experience and talents.
Designer / Product Development
At Cousin, our team is energetic, dedicated and passionate. The newest addition to this great team will be a new Designer to help us develop unique, on trend products for our Laura Janelle Division. The ideal candidate has a great attitude, is extremely creative and understands the product development process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct extensive market research to identify emerging trends
- Interpret trends and how they will translate to the market
- Develop and execute product designs that achieve overall product strategy and sales objectives
- Understand and uphold design's aesthetic intent
- Create story boards and presentations
- Coordinate and leverage internal design capabilities with vendor partners while focusing on speed to market
- Operate with a working knowledge of the development process and how it relates to product development timelines
- Send development packages to overseas partners and sample facilities
- Initiate and keep track of status of material and sample requests and approvals, and alert management of exceptions
- Responsible for daily communication with overseas vendors
- Support the review of prototypes to meet product development timeline milestones with a focus on product execution, consistency of details, and target margin
- Communicate with the marketing department on packaging and display development
- Execute, update and maintain necessary product development tools (such as Spec Sheets, Milestone Charts, and New Product Templates)
- Demonstrate understanding of costing implications as they relate to the product development process and manage development costs, packaging costs, and final costs
- Communicate with sales team on any product related updates or corrections made
- Build effective relationships with key customers, vendors and internal partners in the Creative, Sales, Marketing and Production departments to promote collaboration and ensure product design requirements are developed, communicated and implemented
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to design concepts that are consumer focused to meet the needs of the retail customer
- Must have a high degree of proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience in working with overseas manufacturers and vendors to develop innovative products is preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with superb attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with others within various levels of the organization
- Must be able to perform in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Able to work the scheduled shift
- Able to travel domestically and internationally and obtain a US Passport
- Minimum 3-5 years of product design and/or illustration experience with a retailer or manufacturer (experience in fashion jewelry or accessories product development is a plus!)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K, paid vacation and holidays
Please email a resume and cover letter, tell us about yourself and how your prior work experience would benefit us in this position.
Please also include your digital portfolio link and wage history for your last two positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, drug free and conduct educational verifications. We do not
accept unsolicited resumes for other positions which are not vacant.